Saturday, January 12, 2008

Never Say Never



With winter here I thought I'd have lots of time to work on 2pt0, but no. It's been very busy. I didn't get around to WIKI, but will catch up later.

It's time to move forward.

Facebook, hum. I heeded all the warnings and decided not to sign up. Meredith Farkas' article was very evenhanded. She did a superb job of presenting the pros and cons. I'm of an age that I prefer my social networking face-to-face and via telephone (and I don't mean texting). Now that I've positioned myself on the chronological map, I do feel that those proficient in communication-in-the-moment technology are the future library users/supporters. If libraries are to play a role in the future it's essential to keep up.

A retraction: A couple of posts ago, I wrote something to the effect that YouTube wasn't for me. Suffice to say, that's no longer true. I recently read Censored 2006 (the top 25 censored stories compiled by Project Censored at Sonoma State.) Several alternative sites were mentioned that I visited on YouTube and I've been back since. Having said that, I have no choice, but to sign off as,
Opinion Tentative and Subject to Change

No comments: