Thursday, November 8, 2007

Carried Away on Librarything

Yesterday one of our regular patrons mentioned that he grew up with someone who reminded him of Ichabod Crane. He talked about a humorous blunder "Ichabod" made, while reading a portion of the The Highwayman aloud in a high school English class. I just reread the poem. Very exciting. Makes me want to reread Washington Irving. Speaking of reading and other bookish things, I enlisted on librarything. After reading the assignment, I asked myself how many of these things that I'm signing up for am I realistically going to continue to revisit once we finish this program. I believe librarything will be one of them. I didn't consider myself interested in what others were reading, but I was wrong. It was fun to see what others are reading, and that most people are all over the map with their literary tastes,as am I. I think I put about 15 books on my list, but I'm not finished yet.
Horse

2 comments:

krl2pt0 said...

you've done it once again, horse. a beautiful, moody, atmospheric image. it's always a delight to visit.

bc

westie_servant said...

Yes, it's beautiful and articulate. Keep up the good work.......
Give me a visit and post a picture of your kitty....
http://westieservant.blogspot.com/